Hang on a second while we grab that post for you.
Sky High Murals is the largest outdoor mural company in the country. We hand paint advertisements, murals, public art projects, fine art canvases, and large commercial signage anywhere our clients need us.
ATTN ALL ARTISTS!!
Colossal Media is kicking off our 2013 Sky High Arts Program with our first national campaign!
If you are currently residing in NYC, Los Angeles, Chicago, San Francisco, Miami, Boston, Austin, or Denver then we want to see your work!
You will be working with yours truly and a major national alcohol brand to execute a nation wide art project. If chosen, Sky High will be responsible for hand painting a replication of your artwork in your city. You will receive credit, press, and compensation + general awesomeness.
What to do next:
Email us! Send your contact information along with a link to your portfolio or a scanned image of your best original work to email@example.com
Submissions due ASAP (no later than 3/21).
3/21 Submissions due
4/15 Winners will be notified
4/25 Final artwork due
The fine print:
- You must be currently residing in one of the markets listed above.
- Must be your original artwork, does not have to be related to alcohol but must be alcohol friendly— no children or religious images.
- You must be able to provide us with a digital file, and be ok with at least one revision to the work.
- Final art will be replicated the Sky High production team, no artist will be permitted to paint locations.
- Artist must be comfortable with collaborating with a national alcohol brand.
- Must be able to meet tight deadlines.
- All forms of 2D art accepted.
Wall Dogs: The Midair Muralists Who Paint New York
It’s 8am in Soho, the thermometer reads just above freezing, and the sky is bleak. Taxis splash down the streets; New Yorkers stride with their heads down, leaping over puddles, carelessly bumping into each other. Everyone wants to get out of the cold, out of the rain, into the warmth.
Ten stories above — on a long, skinny platform hanging from the facade of a building at Canal and Mercer in downtown Manhattan — it’s a different story. Climbers’ ropes secured around their torsos, Jason Coatney and Armando Balmaceda stand in a melange of open paint cans and brushes. These two muralists of Colossal Media, the largest hand-painted advertising company in America, are heavily layered in sweatshirts and raincoats. But in this industry, c’est la vie. Paintbrushes in their fingerless-gloved hands, earbuds in their ears — “I like to start out with Miles Davis in the morning,” Coatney smiles, his breath visible in the frigid air — they begin yet another workday in the sky.